This is another meaty pasta dish! This is another recipe my mom sent with me to University.Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 - 20 oz cans whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 - 12 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 of a 750 g brick of mozzarella cheese
- 12 Lasagna noodles
1. Cook hamburger and onion until meat is brown.
2. Add all ingredients but cheese and lasagna noodles. If using whole tomatoes, break them up with a potato masher.
3. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In the meantime cook lasagna noodles. Drain and lay one layer of 6 noodles on bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
5. After the sauce has finished simmering, discard the bay leaf.
6. Layer 1/3 of the meat sauce over the noodles. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese. Add another 1/3 of the sauce over the cheese. Then top with the remaining 6 noodles. Finish off the lasagna with a layer of some of the remaining 1/3 sauce, then cheese slices, and any remaining sauce.
7. Bake in 350 degree Celsius oven for 1 hour. Let sit out of the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Oven ready noodles can be used in place of regular lasagna noodles.
Also feel free to add a layer of fresh mushrooms or fresh or frozen spinach.