- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped fine
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 2 cans Tomato soup
- 1 can Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
1. Brown beef, celery, onion, salt, and pepper. Drain off fat.
2. Add kidney beans, soup, and the rest of the ingredients.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes and then serve.
This recipe freezes nicely.
Extra ingredients such as kernel corn or mixed beans can be added.
I asked my mom who Doney is but she didn't know. She found this recipe in a book many years ago.