This is a nice chicken dish that I found in Taste of Home (August/September 2001). This recipe along with a picture can be found online at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Bruschetta-Chicken-2Ingredients:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs; coat with bread crumb mixture.
Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.
Instead of making the bruschetta with the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, I sometimes cheat and just use a bruschetta mix with a can of diced tomatoes. This makes this dish less tedious to make. Epicure Selections has a great Bruschetta Mix. It can be viewed and ordered online at: http://christinafonstad.myepicure.com/en-ca/shop.aspx