Sunday, February 27, 2011

#41 Lorie's Tomato Chicken


This recipe was one of many recipes that my mom copied out for me in a cookbook to take with me when I moved away from home to attend university. It was these recipes that reminded me of home. This is one of my favourite ways to make chicken!
Ingredients:
  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 2 tbsp vinegar
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp prepared mustard
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • 1 can mushrooms (optional)
  • 1 green Pepper (optional), chopped
  • 1 small onion (optional), chopped
Directions:
1. Lay raw chicken in a baking dish or roaster. Do not layer.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients to create a tomato sauce.
3. Pour over chicken breasts.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees Celsius oven for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown.
(Serves 4 - 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment