Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#22 Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants

Besides making chicken soup I also used some leftover chicken to make this recipe from Taste of Home August September 2008, p28.

I was interested in this recipe because it reminded me of a time I ate at a restaurant and my chicken salad sandwich had walnuts and dried cranberries. When making this recipe I did substitute dried cranberries or Craisins for the dried cherries. I know you can buy cherry flavoured Craisins. Maybe I will try that next time...and trust me...there WILL be a next time for this recipe!
Ingredients:
  • 2-½ cups cubed cooked chicken breast
  • cup dried cherries
  • cup chopped celery
  • cup chopped tart apple
  • cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 4 teaspoons buttermilk
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • teaspoon pepper
  • 7 croissants, split
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, apple and pecans. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant. Yield: 7 servings.
(Serves 7)

NOTES
I have put this spread on bread and in a wrap shell with lettuce.



No comments:

Post a Comment