Thursday, February 10, 2011

#23 Drumstick Dessert



I originally tasted this dessert when my co-worker brought it to a staff potluck. She gave me the recipe and I lost it. But I found it in another cookbook. I love this recipe for several reasons. #1 - It is easy. #2 - You can store it in the freezer so it keeps a long time. You can even have it made and then pull it out when unexpected company comes over. #3 - Peanut butter, chocolate, cream cheese....Need I say more?
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • cup crushed peanuts
  • 3 tbsp peanut butter
  • ½ cup margarine or butter, melted
  • 1 250g pkg cream cheese, softened
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 container Cool Whip or whipped topping
  • chocolate syrup
  • ¼ cup crushed peanuts
Directions:
1. Mix first four ingredients together and press into a 9 x 13 pan. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Mix next 6 ingredients together and spread over the crumb base.
3. Drizzle with choloate syrup and sprnkle with some crushed peanuts.
4. Freeze until solid and them serve. Store in the freezer.

NOTES
This dessert reminds me of icecream cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment