This is a recipe from my mom. This dessert has always been a home favourite and it is much easier than making real baked cheesecake.Ingredients:
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 1 ½ cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 250g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional
- 1 envelope dessert topping, prepared
- 1 can cherry pie filler
1. Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Press into a 9x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Fold in the prepared dessert topping.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust and then chill in the refrigerator.
4. Spread cherry pie filler over the top. Chill once more to set before serving.
Any flavour of pie filler can be used.