Monday, April 4, 2011

#68 Olive Garlic Bread



My uncle made this recipe when I visited him this summer. It was so good that I made it when I returned home. However for the oregano and marjoram I ended up using fresh herbs from my garden. They sure added extra flavour! Even those who usually turn their nose at the sight of olives enjoyed the loaf but you can always just eliminate the olives all together.
Ingredients:
  • 1 loaf french bread
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 4 green onions, finely chopped
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp marjoram leaves
  • ½ tsp oregano
  • 12 to 15 sliced black olives, finely chopped
  • grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
  • paprika, a sprinkle to garnish
Directions:
1. Mix spices in butter.
2. Add green onions and olives.
3. Spread on loaf and then top with parmesan cheese and paprika.
4. Broil 10 to 15 minutes till golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment