I made this recipe to celebrate my husband's promotion. My favourite part of this recipe was the sun dried tomatoes. I am officially in love with this ingredient!Ingredients:
This recipe comes from Kraft Canada's What's Cooking magazine on page 27 but it can also be found online at http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/asparagus-bow-tie-pasta-122042.aspx.
- 2 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup halved orange pepper strips
- ¼ cup julienne-cut oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
- 50 g (1/5 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup Kraft 4 Cheese Italiano Shredded Cheese make it
1. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding asparagus to boiling water for the last 2 min. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, cook peppers and tomatoes in large skillet on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
3. Add pasta mixture, broth, cream cheese and oregano to skillet; mix well. Cook and stir 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened. Top with shredded cheese; cook 2 to 3 min. or until cheese begins to melt.
I bought sun dried tomatoes at a bulk food store. When I went to cut them for this recipe, they were hard as rock. I soaked them for a few minutes in hot water and oil olive which softened them right up.
Add 1-1/2 cups cooked cleaned shrimp or chopped cooked chicken to skillet with the cooked pasta.
Substitute 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves for the fresh oregano. Prepare using yellow pepper strips. Substitute rotini pasta for the bow tie.