My mom and I adapted this salad from Jean Pare'sVegetable Marinade in Company's Coming: Salads. We added olives and miniature corn on the cobs. Not only is this salad colourful and delicious, but it keeps for several days after it is served.Ingredients:
- 1 small cauliflower
- 3 cups broccoli, flower ends
- 2 cups cherry tomatores
- 2 cups celery, cut into sticks or chopped coarsely
- 3 carrots, cut into sticks or chopped coursely
- 2 cans whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 green pepper , chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup sliced olives, drained
- 1 can mini corn cobs, drained
- 1 ¼ cups Italian dressing
1. Divide the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Do the same with the broccoli. Put into a large bowl with a tight fitting cover.
2. Add the tomatoes, whole along with the rest of the vegetables.
3. Pour Italian dressing over vegetables. Put the cover on the bowl and shake to distribute dressing evenly.
4. Chill the salad overnight turning container occasionally. Serve the next day.
This makes a large salad.