This recipe was developed by my grandmother. It is one of our favourite ways to eat perogies.Ingredients:
- 24 perogies, cook as directed
- ½ cup butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Cook perogies as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
2. While perogies are cooking, melt the butter in a fry pan. Add chopped green onions and heat the onions through.
3. Remove the fry pan from heat and add sour cream. Stir until mixed. You may want to put on low heat to help mix until smooth but do not cook or sour cream will curdle or separate.
4. Pour over cooked perogies and serve.
Depending on number of perogies, make more or less sauce.