Wednesday, October 17, 2012

#90 Banana and Peanut Butter Snacking Cake



I eyed up this recipe in my Kraft Canada magazine. Then when I was visiting my mom and my grandma and aunt were planning to come over for coffee, I decided that it was a perfect time to try it out. It certainly passed the test. This recipe can be found online at: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/banana-pb-snacking-cake-131560.aspx
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup oil
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
  • 1-½ cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon Magic Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • cup Kraft Whipped Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • ¼ cup milk
Directions:
HEAT oven to 350ºF.

BEAT first 4 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add bananas; mix well.

MIX flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture; mix well. Pour into 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray.

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely.

BEAT peanut butter, icing sugar and milk with mixer until well blended; spread over cake.
(Serves 16)

NOTES:

I am not sure if I have posted this note before or not but when I have bananas that are becoming quite ripe I throw them in the freezer. Then when I am ready to bake, I take them out and let them thaw. Then I cut off one and and squeeze the banana out of the peel. They then mash so nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment